Murder arrest over fatal house explosion in Worksop

Murder arrest over fatal house explosion in Worksop


PA Media Drone image of scene of explosionPA Media

Three houses were badly damaged in the blast

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a fatal house explosion that damaged multiple homes and cars in Nottinghamshire.

Emergency services were called to John Street in Worksop at 19:39 BST on Saturday evening.

David Howard, 53, was found in the rubble and was declared dead at the scene.

Nottinghamshire Police said a 43-year-old man had been questioned and then bailed pending further investigation.

Nottinghamshire Police Handout image of David HowardNottinghamshire Police

David Howard has been named as the victim of the explosion

Officers said the cause of the explosion remained unclear and they were keeping an open mind at this early stage in the investigation.

Det Ch Insp Ruby Burrow said: “Whilst we have made an arrest, I want to be really clear that our investigation remains at a very early stage and we are doing everything possible to establish what caused this deeply tragic incident.

“It remains too early to say whether there is a criminal element to this case and would ask that people avoid speculation.”



Source link

Posted in

Susan Darwin

I focus on highlighting the latest in news and politics. With a passion for bringing fresh perspectives to the forefront, I aim to share stories that inspire progress, critical thinking, and informed discussions on today's most pressing issues.

Leave a Comment